Return to taylormpolites.com

Friday, June 26, 2009

Yews and Laurels


We're still in Wilkes-Barre, believe it or not. Will this ordeal ever end? It must be coming to a close soon, because the biped is going to a "graduation" dinner tonight. He's graduating with his Masters, but is keeping on for his Masters in Fine Arts, which means we have to come back here in January. Brrrrr.


At least this time of year, there are trees in full leaf. Here are a few really nice ones.




And here's the river--they've just opened up a new park along the riverfront. It's very nice.


Here's a movie about it.

And who knew that Wilkes-Barre and Provincetown had a connection? Ptown artist Franz Kline was born here!


The biped has been in classes and panels and seminars. His book has gotten some good feedback and he is excited to get back to Provincetown to begin revisions (that's what he says at least). I just want to be back in my space--this hotel smells like a lot of stuff I don't even like to think about.

Speaking about smells, here's a visual essay on what Wilkes-Barre smells like.



He also has gone out a little bit. Here's what a gay bar in Wilkes-Barre looks like!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Who?

My photo
Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
I am a California native transplanted to the East Coast and have grown to accept both the snowy weather of winter and the hard-bitten attitudes of New Englanders. Since I moved here in October of 2006, I think I've become something of a native, although the locals will always call me a "bark-ashore". If you have any questions, just ask!