Return to taylormpolites.com

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Plagues of Egypt

Was rain one of the plagues? What were they? Rivers turn to blood. Locusts. What else? The slaughter of the innocents. Was throwup one? Because we've had rain for what seems like a year and I just threw up.

Fortunately, the biped is here to clean up after me. He takes care of the inside of the house. I take care of the outside. And what have I been doing since I last posted, you ask? Well, why don't I show you.



I gave biped a list and we went to the Agway in Orleans and bought plants like we were fools. It's Phase II of Operation Chihuahua Garden. First, we've been nursing some grass seed that has begun to grow like...well, like weeds for the past week or so. With the grassy beachhead established, we are moving onto bedding.

So far we've planted some catmint...


astilbe and various shades of salvia and english lavender...


and a beautiful rose 'Bonica' bush...


We're keeping the daylilies and seeing how they do. We have big plans for plantings of azaleas, foxglove, hollyhocks, bleeding hearts, columbine and Dog knows what else. Oh, and we've got some Siberian irises and some bee balm.

Here's a patch of secret irises that JUST bloomed. They're back in the Covert Action Garden.



And here are some photos from the inside...the biped-mother is going to create some drapes so that we can finally have a little privacy in here! Here are the windows that are in desperate need of cover.




Thanks, biped-mother!

And can you see this little guy?


It's a baby sparrow. One of a pair that go hopping around the garden, tweet-tweeting after their parents who have been teaching them to eat and fly. They come right up to us, no fear. The biped and I are just part of the background for them. And we're having fun watching them grow.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Who?

My photo
Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
I am a California native transplanted to the East Coast and have grown to accept both the snowy weather of winter and the hard-bitten attitudes of New Englanders. Since I moved here in October of 2006, I think I've become something of a native, although the locals will always call me a "bark-ashore". If you have any questions, just ask!