Return to taylormpolites.com

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dog Day Afternoons


The biped and I have had a flurry of visitors and it's not over yet! An hour after Tracy left, Tom and Scott arrived!


Boy, do those guys know how to EAT!!




And we got to enjoy the firepit! It was a night without wind, which locals will tell you is RARE for where the biped rented his house--at least that's what they say. In fact, we've found the residents of Palm Springs to be very helpful and open with their advice. They like to say things like, "You shouldn't leave anything in your car, ESPECIALLY where you are" and "If you think it's windy where you are, you should go to the Mountain Gate neighborhood!" The biped is not letting it ruin his good time, but I am! It's so windy!!!


One thing I got a good laugh about was the biped's fascination with the Parker Meridien. As previously mentioned, the biped refuses to take me there. He's gone twice and is going again tomorrow. After the last visit, they found this sign hidden behind a chair near the entrance. Uh oh!


And guess who turned up just an hour before Tom and Scott left? Uncle Steve!


All of that aside, the biped spends his days between his books, his desk and the pool. I like to sleep late, then have a leisurely breakfast on the carpet and take the sun for the rest of the day--between naps, of course!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Who?

My photo
Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
I am a California native transplanted to the East Coast and have grown to accept both the snowy weather of winter and the hard-bitten attitudes of New Englanders. Since I moved here in October of 2006, I think I've become something of a native, although the locals will always call me a "bark-ashore". If you have any questions, just ask!