Return to taylormpolites.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Paulson's Party Fund

Hey, how's that bailout going?

"It's a mess," said Eric M. Thorson, the Treasury Department's inspector general, who has been working to oversee the bailout program until the newly created position of special inspector general is filled. "I don't think anyone understands right now how we're going to do proper oversight of this thing."

That's from the Washington Post today--a great and informative article. And also pretty frightening. The fact that this whole carnival sideshow is being run by ex-Goldman superstars says a lot about how the United States ended up in this financial black hole in the first place. And I do mean black hole.

And we've all eased into fall here 30 miles out into the Atlantic. The colors have peaked and last night we had what is referred to as a full beaver moon. I couldn't possibly explain on this blog.

But when I wait in the car for the biped, the sun still warms it up. Though I know I'll have to break out my wool sweaters and winter coats soon.



Even my buddy Gus is shopping for winter flannels.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Who?

My photo
Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
I am a California native transplanted to the East Coast and have grown to accept both the snowy weather of winter and the hard-bitten attitudes of New Englanders. Since I moved here in October of 2006, I think I've become something of a native, although the locals will always call me a "bark-ashore". If you have any questions, just ask!