Return to taylormpolites.com

Friday, August 14, 2009

Augustitis

It happens to the best of us. Some of us more than others. It actually makes me want to hide under a pile of towels.


The biped gets it much worse, though. He started getting his Augustitis in June!! It's a local condition, much like the beginning of the season "Cape Cod Crud", Augustitis takes hold only after one feels completely inundated, overwhelmed and pretty much run over by the tourist-season juggernaut. It's a wall we all hit.

Even if you are able to attend regular tea dances and share your hat with lovely young ladies from Eastern Europe.


At times like these, I like to focus on my floral updates.

The biped had a springtime epiphany when he decided to plant hollyhocks. Little did he know how much they would give back. Here's one on July 29th.


And again on August 7th.



And today August 14th! One of them is almost seven feet tall!


The daylilies have pretty much moved on.


But the roses are putting out some nice blooms.


Here are a survey of hollyhocks around town--I think the biped is developing some sort of hock-envy.





And can someone please help me up on the couch?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Taylor & Clovis, Missed u both-glad to know ur moving & shaking. Hollyhocks look lovely! Our garden is getting a redo-want to invite u both over as soon as it is complete-about two weeks! xo Bo

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor & Clovis,

Glad you came up for air and you are both hanging in there.

The flowers are lovely, but let's face it, you can't compete with Clovis for a cute picture.

Can't wait to see you both when the crowds thin out a bit.

Would love to have you over, but there's a cat here who would take one look at Clovis and think, "How nice of the big guy, he brought lunch."

See you soon, I hope. Have belated B'day gift for Clovis.

Clovis Stalker

Clovis said...

Bo, I can't wait! I bet the garden is going to be beyond fabulous! We will frolic together in the clover!

And Clovis Stalker, I miss you terribly, but I hear you about the cat---they can be moody and hungry animals....more cute pictures of me to come! And can't wait to see you, too!

XOXO
-C

Blog Archive

Who?

My photo
Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
I am a California native transplanted to the East Coast and have grown to accept both the snowy weather of winter and the hard-bitten attitudes of New Englanders. Since I moved here in October of 2006, I think I've become something of a native, although the locals will always call me a "bark-ashore". If you have any questions, just ask!