Return to taylormpolites.com

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ancient Mornings and Afternoons

It's the Norman Mailer Society Conference here in Provincetown this weekend.


The biped is a member and has been attending some sessions in between searching for a house to rent this winter in Palm Springs. Frankly, I think he should forget about the conference and focus on the house. I LOVE Palm Springs. And so far at the conference, he's heard panel discussions that included a woman who related word for word her conversation with Mailer about God AFTER he was dead and a man who had a three decade penpal relationship with Mailer in addition to shooting his brother, spending time in a mental institution and teaching at a college run by lesbian nuns. Um, yeah. Palm Springs.


And we'll get to see Zuley the Giant, whose enormous forehead I miss licking.



In the meantime, I am getting used to the new place. There are a lot of different smells here, but more carpet for me to run on and sit on and NO STAIRS! Here is a local view. Our old living room looked out on this tree. That's how close we are to the old place.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Who?

My photo
Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
I am a California native transplanted to the East Coast and have grown to accept both the snowy weather of winter and the hard-bitten attitudes of New Englanders. Since I moved here in October of 2006, I think I've become something of a native, although the locals will always call me a "bark-ashore". If you have any questions, just ask!